3D MODELS FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION OF SEISMIC RISK
or the evaluation of seismic risk, the current legislation provides a path of knowledge, assessment of the level of security against seismic activity and the design of any interventions. Knowledge should primarily concern the articulation of the building, the size and the relationships between spaces.
Photogrammetric surveying techniques and 3D scanning allows to obtain a three-dimensional model of the structure with high density and uniform accuracy, a 3D database from which you can extract all the information needed by structural engineers, the relief of the crack, and the identification of asymmetries geometric anomalies, to the realization of models for analysis with the finite element method.
The 3D survey close range was made of several monumental buildings in support of the structural analysis. between them:
- Galleria dell’Accademia of Florece (with the support of Galleria dell’Accademia, Firenze; Direzione Regionale per i Beni Culturali e Paesaggistici della Toscana )
- the dome of the Basilica of San Vitale in Ravenna (with the support of Direzione Regionale per i Beni Culturali e Paesaggistici dell’Emilia Romagna and Politecnico di Milano)
- la Torre del Mangia of Siena (with the support of Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena )
- the towers of San Gimignano (with the support of Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena )
- Casa Vasari ad Arezzo (with the support of Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena )
With the support of the General Directorate for the scenery, the rouge, architecture and contemporary art; PAR FAS Regione Toscana –